Saturday, December 11, 2010

Survived

Well, I did it!!!  I survived my first semester of graduated school.  I have completed one semester towards a PhD in experimental psychology.  There were many days I didn't think I would make it, many days I asked if this was for me, many days I wonder if all of the hard work, time away from my kids, and tears were worth it.  Looking back I can say they were!  I feel SO accomplished!!  While I don't have my final grades (I turned in my take home final yesterday and just finish my neuro final tonight), I feel pretty good about how I did and am pretty sure I passed!!!  Not only did I pass but, I wasn't the worse in my class!!!  There is something to be said for that!!!  I did it all and I did it well even with 2 little ones and a husband that travels!!!  Yay for me!!!!!

So you might have the question, if you have been reading my other posts, "Am I going back?"  The answer, as of now, is YES.  I AM going back next semester.  I went in the other day to tell my advisor that I was quitting, that I couldn't handle it ALL and while I was telling him this I was crying.  I didn't want to give up something I was enjoying.  I do enjoy learning and doing research and I was afraid that if I quit there would be nothing left for me.  I would go back to being a house keeper and chef and I wanted more.  So, after talking to Doug we decided that I should take less classes but give it another shot.  So I am.  I think next semester will be different.  My first class doesn't start until 12:30 and my classes are back to back verses having a class start at 8am and then another at 2:30.  I'm excited to see what next semester has in store for my family and I!!!  Stay tuned!!!

No comments: