Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I've always called Owen my little monkey and now I know why!!! He is copying everything we do and I always say "Monkey see, Monkey do". It all started several months ago (before he had a whole lot of words) when I was putting on blush. He watched me intently and then pointed. I thought, "What the heck!" and gave him my brush and blush (closed) and he proceeded to put some on. He did it very delicately which I found super cute! This behavior progressed into helping me put clothes in the dryer and dishes in the dishwasher which is very helpful! His copying also gave me much insight into some of my behaviors!!! He would walk around the living room with a cell phone to his ear while talking loudly and waving his arm (do I really do that??? it must be Brad that does that!!!!).

Well due to bad cell phone reception we take a lot of phone calls outside (I also do that to eliminate some of the background noises that comes with a housefull!). So, this morning I take a call outside and as I shut the door I hear Owen saying "outside, outside" which means he really wants to follow me. After I hang up the phone I hear little man at the door, I open it to find that he has gotten his cell phone, is pushing buttons to make a call, and wants to take it outside!!! Oh, how I love my little monkey!!!

1 comment: