Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Visit with Julie and Russ

For Brad's birthday his high school friend wanted to surprise him! Julie and Brad were best friends through high school and college but life got busy and they hadn't seen each other in about 7 years. I had never met Julie but had become friends with her on Facebook and I think her and I ended up "talking" more than her and Brad did, that's not saying much since Brad tends to not be so good at keeping in contact with his friends. Facebook was good at giving us a chance to get to know each other and to get updates with what was going on in each of our lives. I was SO excited when Julie emailed me and said her and her husband Russ were going to come with their fur babies to Brad and Owen's birthday party!!!! We decided to keep it a secret and surprise Brad! Boy, was that ever hard!!!!! Brad kept asking if I had heard from Julie or not and I hated lying to him but it was for a good cause!!!! He was SO shocked to see her walk through the door!

Julie and Russ came in early that day so we could catch up and they helped us get ready for the party! Thanks guys!!!! They even did dish duty for us!!!! It was a wonderful day!

Here Julie and Owen are playing "night night" as Owen was getting ready for bed

Before they left town Sunday, they came over and we went to Common Grounds for breakfast

It was a great weekend!!!

Here is a video of Owen and Julie reading the new book she got him.
(I'm having a hard time getting blogger to upload this so I hope you can see it!!)

1 comment:

Julie Keller said...

We had such a great time! Hoping you guys can make a visit to KC sometime soon! There are lots of fun things to do in the fall, so let us know what you have free :)