Saturday, June 27, 2009

Owen's Birthday Party

For Owen's birthday we had a backyard bash!! We paired with with Brad's 30th birthday celebration so we had lots of kids and adults to help us celebrate! I could really tell a difference this year compared to last year's party. Owen was SO excited to see each friend arrive and would call them by name and start jumping up and down! He had so much fun playing with his friends in the poll, ball pit, and slide. I also got out the bubble machine which was a big hit!!!

Thankfully Brad found a mesh tarp to hang above the yard to shade us a bit from the sun. Turns out we had the party on one of the hottest days of the year! The weather man said today would be 98degrees and tomorrow would be 89 degrees (too bad we didn't know this before we planned the party!!!)

Due to the extremem heat Addyson spent most of her time inside!!! Luckily there were lots of other people who would rather stay in the ac so she had lots of company!!! She was a little trooper and hung in until the very end!!! I think she enjoyed cuddling up with Emily and her sister Amelia on the couch!
Brad gets the food award!!! It was all amazing and everyone commented on how good it was! Wish I could take the credit for that one!!!! We had bbq pork sandwhiches, black bean salad (super yummy!!), new potato and asparagus salad, and fruit. There were hardly any leftovers so I take that as a good sign!

After we got done eating, I brought out the "happy cake". Boy, was Owen excited to see that! Wish I would have gotten his "oh WOW, happy cake" on video!!! Here is daddy helping him blow out the candles. I was afraid he might do a face plant here!Owen took eating his cake very seriously. We tried to talk to him about how good it was but he didn't have much to say. You could tell he wanted to be left alone to enjoy his big bowl of "happy cake and yhi ceam".

It was a wonderful day (unfortunatly I was sick but somehow managed to hang in there!)! I am so thankful for all of our family and friends that came to help us celebrate! I know I have one tired little birthday boy that is asleep dreaming of presents and cake! Happy Birthday Owen!

No comments: