For this round, I made 9 dishes of Mexican Lasagna! It is SO YUMMY and healthy (I got it out of a Canadian cookbook called Eat, Shrink, & Be Merry) I'm going to post the recipe here!
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 cup each diced red onions and bell pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup canned corn
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
1 cup medium salsa
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro (I used a lot more)
4 lg or 8 small whole wheat flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded light cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 9*13 casserole dish and set aside
- Cook turkey, onions, green peppers, and garlic until meat is no longer pink.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes. Addy pasta sauce, salsa, and black pepper. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cilantro and remove from heat.
- To assemble, spread 1/3 mixture over bottom of your dish. Top with 1/2 the tortillas, overlapping and cutting as necessary. Top with 1/3 sauce mixture, followed by 1/2 the cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas, followed by remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and back 35 minutes. Uncover and back 10 more minutes.
- Top with light sour cream and fresh avocados! Enjoy!!!!!!!