Thursday, May 20, 2010

Elephant Bar

Today we started our long weekend road trip and headed to Oklahoma City.  Brad has to work early tomorrow so we came up a bit today to enjoy the city and hotel.  Babies R' Us is one of my favorite stores (at this stage of my life) and I am SO bummed there is not one in NW Arkansas..... actually, it is probably a good thing!!!  There is, however, one in OKC and it is close to our hotel.  Guess where our first stop was once we made it to town!  Yep, Babies R' Us!!!  After over an hour of shopping we headed across the parking lot to my favorite restaurant, Elephant Bar!!!!  If you have never been, it is a must!!!!
Not only is the atmosphere amazing, the service is excellent and the food is delicious!!!!!!!  There are too many yummy things to choose from so we always end up over ordering and leaving stuffed.  Guess it is a good thing there isn't an Elephant Bar in NW Arkansas!!!  The kids were starving so we started out with sweet potato fries as an appetizer!  We followed that with 2 yummy side salads, fresh Pear, Glazed Walnuts and Gorgonzola Side Salad and an Asian Side Salad.  For dinner we had Shrimp Scampi in Lobster Sauce and Garlic Noodles with Wok-Seared Shrimp.  But really, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu!!!  This is one restaurant where I try to order something different every time an I'm never disappointed!
Being the cheap thrifty person I am, I became a member of Elephant Bar Global Grill/Wok Kitchen Passport Club  before heading over there and got a $5 off coupon to download and take with! With that, I was able to justify ordering their NEW Mini Indulgence Sampler Platter! : )  Yummy!!!!!  We left with a box of leftovers that the kids and I can eat for lunch tomorrow!!!  Elephant Bar two days in a row!! : )

No comments: