Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May Member Jam

This morning the MOMS Club had out monthly member meeting. I am VP and get to be a part of the planning of the meetings and it has been so fun coming up with new ideas! This month we had a Member Jam that doubled as a mini concert for the kids as well as a fundraiser!!!
We had a great turnout!!! It was so much fun!!!!
Rob Button (the big guy in the yellow button down shirt) came and played tons of kids songs and the kids were up dancing and singing! We asked that the kids wear their pjs and tied that in with our fundraiser by asking each child to bring $1.00 to help fight childhood cancer and raise awareness of how much time children with cancer spend in their pj's. We will be donating all the money to Candlelighters. We served doughnuts, bananas, and juice and it was a great pajama party for a great cause!!! If you would like to host your own pj party or donate to this great organization, please click on the link above!!
How Rob got all of the kids to lay day and be still and quiet I have no idea!!!! But, it was really cute to watch!!!!
Addyson wanted to partake in the fun! She was just a bit late but it was really cute how she did it after the fact!!!
She somehow managed to find my LARGE Starbucks cup from this morning. Luckily it was empty or I would have had a wound up little girl on my hands!!!! I needed the extra large one this morning!!! It has been a long couple of nights with Brad out of town and this was just the pick-me-up I needed!!! What a wonderful morning with lots of our friends!!!

No comments: