Monday, December 20, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Bright and early this morning, the kids and I left for Canada.  I planned to get up at 4 and try to shower as quiet as possible so the kids would stay asleep.  Owen heard me in the bathroom and came running in asking, "What today is?".  I told him we were going to Opa and Nina's house today and he started jumping up and down and cheering!  Guess the early morning didn't phase him one bit!!! : )  He then asked me right away if Teetee Bec was going to take him to the doughnut shop by Opa and Nina's house.  He is referring to Tim's and his trip there with TeeTee Bec last summer.  Funny how he doesn't forget anything!
I was really worried about a LONG day of travel with two little ones who were going to be tired from waking up early and not having the opportunity to have a good nap.  Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as I had prepared for... which is probably for the best.
The second flight was SO hot.  I couldn't believe it.  I was afraid the kids were going to get sick in the air and throw up (I was having nightmares of flying with them last year!) so to avoid them overheating I just took their shirts off.
Some of you might call that crazy and wouldn't imagine letting your kids be half naked in public, me, I just say I'm trying to avoid what could be a really yucky situation!  And when you travel by yourself with two little ones I feel like you get a free pass to do things your normally wouldn't.
Like let your 1.5 year old wrestle her 3.5 year old big brother because it makes her really happy even if he isn't so fond of the idea.  And so I have proof for both of them later in life that she can hold her own and often aggravates her brother when given the chance, I quickly got out my camera and started taking pictures!  If she knows she can push his buttons, she does!  How quickly they learn!
We arrived safely in Canada with no problems besides the fact that I left my new iPhone 4 on the plane.  Ugh!  I guess traveling as much as I do with as much stuff as I do I was bound to loose something!  Oh well, there is nothing I can do about it now.  Now I just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the holidays with my family! : )

No comments: