Saturday, January 29, 2011

6 Weeks

6 Weeks

Size of Baby Brewster: a tadpole the size of a pea and is now developing eyes, ears, nose, and paddles for hands and feet!

Biggest Challenges: The nausea is still so bad.  It actually is not only a challenge because I don't feel good but, it also causes me to worry!  I was NEVER sick with the other two kids so the fact that I am this nausea and tired causes me concern.  Of course I'm a worrier by nature so this is not helping this.


Cravings:  I have day by day cravings, whatever sounds good that day.  I hone in on it and can't change my mind.  Pizza is a big one!  I also crave ice cream at night.


Aversions: Smells still bother me and the thought of some foods bother me as well.  It is not the same every day (like with the other two) it just depends on my mood for that day.

Gender:  No thoughts on gender, just praying it isn't twins.  I have myself convinced it is twins because of how I feel.

Movement:  No movement from baby but I can definitely tell things are changing in my body with all of the cramps and aches.

Sleep: I am getting up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom and sometimes I can't fall back to sleep and lay awake for an hour or two which is super frustrating.

What I miss:  I miss Dr. Pepper!!!

Maternity Clothes:  Still wearing my regular clothes.


Weight gain: no change

Emotions: I feel a bit more emotional than usual but nothing too strong.  I get teary eyed a bit more than normal.  I also feel myself having a bit less patience than normal.

Milestones:  Yesterday we told Chris and Holly we were pregnant and tonight we got to tell ALL of Brad's family! It was really exciting!  We rarely get together as a family (last time was 4 years ago) so we took advantage of our time together and we shared our exciting news!  I had the kids wear their shirts!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

I felt exactly how you were feeling at this point. That nausea is no fun - and neither are the food aversions.