Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Baby Charley

We landed in Fayetteville last night and got up early this morning to get in the car and to drive to Joplin, MO to meet baby Charley!!!  At first I thought it was going to be a bit crazy to put the kids in the car after a long day of travel but it ended up working out.  The kids were exhausted due to yesterday so they napped on the hour car trip and were ready to play when we got to Joplin!
My good friends Sara and Rod were in Kansas City visiting Rod's family for the holidays so we decided to meet halfway for the afternoon so we could finally meet baby Charley!  Since they live in the middle of nowhere in Nevada, it is a bit hard to get out to visit them and they don't come to our neck of the woods often so when Sara told me they'd be as close as Kansas City I knew we had to figure out how to meet up!
Sara and I use to get together on a weekly basis (if not more) so she was a HUGE part of Owen and Addyson's lives and we were looking forward to the day Rod would graduate for PhD school and they would have kids.  We envisioned a life of stay-at-home mommyhood raising our kids together.  We forgot that Rod would have to find a job and that would determine how close our kids would be!  Turns out, for now, they are not that close in proximity but we won't let that stop us!
The kids were so excited to meet Charley (as was I)!  They took right to her!  Helping her with her paci, trying to make her laugh, and helping entertain her with her toy!  Just like they were old friends!  I loved to watch all three of them together!  I can't wait for our next visit!
For now, they live half the US away from us but we will try to keep our kids as close as possible!  Hopefully this won't last long and they'll move closer sooner than later! (Rod, I hope you are reading this! : ) )  For now, we'll take advantage of the time we do get to spend together!

A bit of history, we met at Pizza by Stout in Joplin.  I grew up eating there.  When my mom was pregnant with one of my brothers she craved pizza so I think we ate there 4-5 times a week!  If you are ever in the area you have to try it out!  They have the best veggie pizza on a whole wheat crust and you HAVE to save room for their apple dessert pizza!  I saw the owner when I was there and told her who I was.  She said her remember our family.  I questioned that but then I'm sure they would remember the crazy pregnant lady who ate there more than she didn't! : )

No comments: