Monday, December 27, 2010

Swiss Chalet

Every time we go to Canada we go visit Opa in Toronto for the day and go to Swiss Chalet for lunch!
It is our little unspoken tradition that I look forward to every visit!!!  If you have never been to a Swiss Chalet you are missing out on good rotisserie chicken and fries with gravy!!!  It is the little unspoken traditions that I look back to with fond memories.  I can remember my Oma slowly eating her chicken and getting every last little piece of the bone.  When her and Opa were full they would take the leftover chicken and put in on their bun and take it home for lunch the next day.  So, it is those little unspoken traditions that I am so thankful to have, look back on with a smile on my face, and be able to share with my kids!
The only downside to our setup is we usually eat a late lunch so the kids are starving by the time we get there.  Our server must have sensed that so she brought out two rolls with some butter for the kids!  Addyson is such a big girl that she wanted to butter her bread by herself which provided entertainment for her while we all looked over the menu.
Not even sure why we look over the menu, they pretty much serve chicken with fries, just depends if you want a quarter chicken or half chicken or do you want a sandwich.  And we always get the same thing so we should just cut to the chase and order as soon as we sit down!  I like our little tradition, it gives us a chance to spend some one on one time with Opa and sometimes my cousin Ricky comes along!  Makes me wish we lived closer but since we don't, I'll enjoy and savor the time we do have together!

No comments: