Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Night

Tonight was our last night in Canada.  Hard to believe we have been here for 2 weeks!!!  Seems like the time flew by.  We always have plans to spend more time with our extended family than we actually do and when we see them for our "last supper" I try to explain why we didn't get a chance to see them and I never have any good answers.  Where does all the time go????
Yesterday, Mar's sister MaryAnn and her boyfriend Paul flew in from Germany and are staying with Nana and Papa so we all go together over at Nana and Papa's for Uncle Roy's famous risotto!  YUMMY!!!
Before dinner we always have drinks!  My sister loves to play bartender and makes the best Caesars.  Owen wanted to help his Teetee and seeing him "play" bartender took me back to my childhood days and get togethers over at Nana and Papa's.  My cousins, Tracy and Lindsay, and I would spend most of our night playing pretend bartender at the bar while the adults did their socializing!  It was great fun for us and kept us out of their hair!  So many good memories!
While it is sad to say "Good Bye" to our family and friends we only see a couple of times a year, we do look forward to getting home to our stuff, our bed, and our routine!  By the end of two weeks everyone is exhausted and ready for a sense of normalcy.  I guess it is a good thing we only do this a couple of times a year! : )
I mean, how many days in a week can you sit down and eat, drink, and be merry?!?!  At least when we do it, we do it right!!!  Thanks to all of our family and friends for a great visit!!!

No comments: