Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MNO

Tonight, crazy me, hosted the monthly MOM'S night out for the MOMS Club I am in.  We try to do something every month that is just for the moms and we are always trying to come up with new ideas.  I thought it would be insane fun to have everyone over to my house for a dinner of Flying Burrito (of course) and a white elephant swap where you brought your ugliest least loved gift from this Christmas (or other holiday) and swapped with dirty Santa style.  Why I volunteered after my husband just got home after being gone for two weeks and I just started school and we are getting ready to go out of town in 2 days, I have NO idea.  But, it was so much fun and I'm glad I did it!
I had planned for 13-15 ladies and there were 21 of us!  SO much fun!  Before the ladies choose a gift they had to tell how they met their husbands.  There were some really funny and really sweet stories!  It was nice to learn a little more about the ladies, we usually introduce ourselves by saying our kids and how old they are so I wanted to find out something different about all of my guests.  Then the swap was on!!!
There were some really good gifts and them some.... not so good gifts like this beautiful angle Angela opened.  There were even some wedding shower gifts, one from a lady that has been married over 10 years!  I can't believe she held on to it for that long!  I opened my own not-so lovely gift and in the end also ended up with Angela's beautiful angle that she left in my bathroom!  I was SO shocked to see it after everyone left!  No worries though, I am coming up with a plan to return that sweet angle to her rightful owner!!! : )
Despite all the chatter and laughing, my sweet kids slept through it all!!!!  Oh, wondering where Brad and the kids were during all of this?  They were tucked away in our room watching movies and eating popcorn!  They also had a bath in our big tub with the dogs!  What a fun night for them!  Thanks Brad for taking care of the kids and thanks to all of the wonderful ladies for coming out!

No comments: