Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sleeping on the Road

Sleep, and lack there of, is a sensitive issue.  All moms have different ideas of sleep; where, how much, when, with how, and so on.  We choose to cosleep with the kids when they were little to aid us in getting more sleep and easy of nursing during the night.  I am super happy with that decision.  Now that they are older and no longer cosleep with us, I'm trying to decide what the next move is going to be.  Right now Addyson sleeps in her room all night long and rarely wakes up in the middle of the night and Owen starts out in his bed and comes to our room at some point during the night and sleeps on a mattress in our room.
What I've noticed is that we when are on the road the kids sleep in the same room and both kids sleep great and sleep through the night!  Tonight was really cute, I put Owen's pillow in the middle of the bed and he crawled up there and moved it over and told me he was sleeping next to Addyson and both of them had a HUGE grin on their face!  It is like that look out for and take care of each other.  Knowing the other one is there gives them some sort of peace and they sleep so good.
This makes me wonder if I should change the sleeping arrangement at home.  Should I move Addyson's bed into Owen's room?  Should I have the two of them cosleep together?  I've read about the benefits of siblings cosleeping and I love the idea I'm just not sure how to do it.  All I do know is that my kids sleep so much better when they are together and well rested kids equal a well rested momma which makes for a great day!!!!  Any ideas how I can make this happen?

No comments: