Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day

Today was our first snow day of the season!  Snow days didn't matter much to us before but now that I'm in school, snow days are a welcomed treat!!!!  I only go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I was really happy to have our first snow day fall on a Thursday!!! : )
Due to our snow experience in Canada, I knew Addyson wouldn't be able to tolerate as long in the snow as Owen would and since Brad is out of town I had to figure out how to make both of them happy!  Lucky for us, Addyson was tired really early today so I put her down for an early nap and Owen and I bundled up and headed out!
He ran and fell and got up to do it all over again!  It amazed me how the cold didn't bother him one bit!  Just last year any snow in his face would have caused a concern.  Now, he welcomes the cold, wet snow to get on his face!  It amazes me that the cold doesn't bother kids one bit!
He also decided he was going to clear off daddy's car.  He got to work brushing away the snow and then asked mommy to help reach the higher parts he couldn't.  Only one problem, mom didn't have gloves and the cold DOES bother her!  Luckily he was easily distracted by suggesting he run and fall in the snow again and them make a couple of snow angles!
After nap, we loaded up the wagon and walked to the Smith's house.  Owen and Colton are friends from school and Lindsay and I are friends from the MOMS Club.  They also invited over our neighbors the Scotts and some other friends.  It was a great way to get out and burn some energy on this snow day.  They were all shocked that I walked (it really isn't that far) but it didn't bother me one bit!!  I needed the exercise!!!
Lindsay and Steve made us homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner which the kids gobbled up after hours of playing!!!
And the perfect dessert on a snow day, Snow Ice Cream!!!!  Yummy!!!

No comments: