Saturday, February 5, 2011

7 Weeks

7 Weeks

Size of Baby Brewster: looks like a baby now and is the size of a blueberry!  Baby's brain is starting to develop!

Biggest Challenges: The nausea is still so bad.  And now the exhaustion is starting to set in.  I'm so tired it is hard to get motivated.  I also have bad cramping at night and early morning that causes me to worry.


Cravings:  I have day by day cravings, whatever sounds good that day.  I hone in on it and can't change my mind.  Pizza is a big one!  I also crave ice cream at night.


Aversions: Smells still bother me and the thought of some foods bother me as well.  It is not the same every day (like with the other two) it just depends on my mood for that day.

Gender:  No thoughts on gender, just praying it isn't twins.  I have myself convinced it is twins because of how I feel.


Movement:  I can't feel movement but I bet that little baby is very active!

Sleep: I am getting up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom every night and I have a hard time falling back to sleep after one of the times.  So every night I lay awake for 1-2 hours.  This causes my already tired days to be even more exhausting!

What I miss:  I miss Dr. Pepper!!!  I'm trying to find something "fun" to drink these days.  Any ideas?

Maternity Clothes:  Still wearing my regular clothes but all I really want to wear are my comfy clothes (sweat pants and big shirts).  I've been lucky that we've been snowed in so it doesn't matter what I wear.  Not sure what I'll do this week.

Weight gain: no change


Emotions: I get frustrated easily.  I have a short fuse which is a combo of hormones and lack of sleep.  I pray this week is better especially since Brad is gone this week.  I need much sleep and energy as possible!

Milestones:  This was suppose to be my first doctor appointment but that was canceled because of the ice and snow.  Cute story though, we pray with the kids every night and we say "thank you for mommy, daddy, Owen, Addyson, and baby"  I've been sneaking in the "and baby" part and no one has noticed.  Yesterday Owen said, "Baby?  What baby?  What is the baby's name?"  I don't want to tell him yet because I don't want him to let the cat out of the bag so I just brushed his question aside and kept praying.  I know he is going to be excited when I do tell him.  He is a great big brother and I look forward to seeing how he is with the new baby!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

You can try Dr. Becker from ONF! I have some at home if you want to try a can or two before getting your own. It tastes just like Dr. Pepper to me and doesn't have any caffeine.