Saturday, February 12, 2011

8 Weeks

8 Weeks

Size of Baby Brewster: looks like a baby now and is the size of a raspberry!

Biggest Challenges: The nausea is still so bad.  And the exhaustion is starting to take its toll.  I'm so tired it is hard to get motivated.  Brad and I are on a marriage retreat this weekend and I'm trying to keep my energy level up but I welcome every break we get!

Cravings:  I hesitate to say craving but I have been eating green beans!!!  For those of you that know me, you know I HATE green beans.  I've eaten them several times this week and big helpings.

Aversions: Smells still bother me and the thought of some foods bother me as well.  It is not the same every day (like with the other two) it just depends on my mood for that day.

Gender:  No thoughts but Sunday, while playing in his room alone, I overhear Owen was singing a song that went like this, "I love my brother.  We like to have fun.  I love my brother.  We play together."  Does he know something I don't???  It was just interesting that he was singing that when he knows he has a sister and he doesn't know I am pregnant.

Movement:  I can't feel movement but I bet that little baby is very active!

Sleep: I am getting up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom every night and I have a hard time falling back to sleep after one of the times.  So every night I lay awake for 1-2 hours.  This causes my already tired days to be even more exhausting!

What I miss:  I miss not having to pee 5 times a night!

Maternity Clothes:  Still wearing my regular clothes but all I really want to wear are my comfy clothes (sweat pants and big shirts).  I've been lucky that we've been snowed in so it doesn't matter what I wear.  Not sure what I'll do this week.

Weight gain: no change

Emotions: I get frustrated easily.  I have a short fuse which is a combo of hormones and lack of sleep. I'm hoping this doesn't last too much longer!

Milestones:  Spending alone time with Brad this weekend and talking about our hopes and dreams for our growing family!

No comments: