Thursday, February 10, 2011

Making Muffins

Jacob came over to play after naps to help all the kids burn off some cabin fever extra energy.  I thought it would be fun to make some yummy carrot and raisin muffins with the kids.  We washed everyone's hands, got out all the ingredients, and got to work.  It didn't take long for the boys to tire of the slow activity and they were off to play "Razorback football" which means they run around the couch, throw the football, and scream! : )
Little Miss Addyson Stewart wanted to stay and make muffins.  I think she liked that the boys were gone because that meant she could do it all by herself and she didn't have to share the tasks with them.  She was very serious about doing it all by herself letting me know, "I do!".
So of the liquid ingredients she would let Brad help guide her a little bit but once the measuring cup was near the bowl she wanted to take full control!
The batter was all mixed up and I turned my back to get something and when I looked over she had started to fill the muffin pans all by herself.  I was impressed that she knew what to do with the batter and that that was the next step.
The boys remember that we were doing an activity in the kitchen so they came back to be a part of it after a couple of laps.  They were shocked that the muffins were almost done.  I guess they thought we had stopped and were waiting for them.  Most of the pans were filled but they wanted to help for the last bit and thankfully Addyson didn't mind since she had a pan of her own to fill.
What a great afternoon activity and they made for yummy, healthy snacks!!  We'll have to make that one again soon!

No comments: