Monday, February 7, 2011

Pirate and Princess Day

Today was pirate and princess day at the kids' school.  I was excited that Addyson had the perfect dress to wear thanks to Grandpa Ken and Grandma Robin!!!  She wasn't a huge fun though of putting it on... she cried.  She must take after her mommy!!!  I never liked frills and lace as a kid and I still rarely wear them!  I'll never forget my First Communion, I had to wear my cousin's dress.  It was plain enough except for the high neck that was lace... UGH!!!  I think I tugged at that neckline the whole mass!  After mass was over there was a big celebration in the church hall complete with cake.  My mom asked if I wanted to go and I quickly said, "NO, I want to go home and get this dress off!!!"  And that's exactly what we did.  So Addyson comes by it naturally with not wanting to dress up like a pretty princess.  Maybe she'll like it more this time next year!
Owen was excited to dress up.  Last year, I was a bad mommy and didn't dress him up in anything.  This year, I took his Peter Pan Halloween costume and improvised.  I was quite proud of myself!  And very thankful my mom was there to help this morning will all the crazies of getting the kids dressed up and out the door!
Here is my little pirate excited to be at school!  The eye patch kept sliding down and pinching his skin so he thought it would be better to wear it on his head.  Can't say I blame him.
Here is our little princess at school playing with her best friend, Amelia.  I have to say she did smile, I just didn't have my camera handy when her and bubba were walking to class hand in hand and all smiles.  She wasn't completely miserable!!! : )  I do have to say though that when I picked her up she was changed over!  Not sure how long the pretty princess dress lasted.  We'll try again next year!

No comments: