Saturday, March 5, 2011

11 Weeks

11 Weeks

Size of Baby Brewster: size of a lime with a 1:1 head and body ratio.

Biggest Challenges:  Getting through a school day.  Non-school days I nap and so school days are really tough because there is NO nap that day.  Also, the amount of smells that are aversive to me make it hard to want to eat or deal with daily things like changing diapers and cleaning up after the dogs.

Cravings: Lemonade mixed with cherry 7-up  

Aversions: Smells are really getting to me!!!!  Brad would same that making a decision is aversive to me.  I'm normally indecisive but it is worse than normal these days.... according to him.

Gender:  I'm feeling girl and my mom thinks it is a girl.  Owen, however, is dead set on the fact that it is a boy.

Movement:  I can't feel movement but we saw on the ultrasound that baby is VERY active!

Sleep: I have started taking 1/4 of a Unisom at night and that has really helped with my sleep!!!  If I wake up, I can go back to sleep!  I am SO thankful for this tiny pill!!!

What I miss:  Caffeine!  I've actually started to drink a coffee or a Dr. Pepper every now and then.  I think the lack of sleep has really played a roll in this craving.

Maternity Clothes:  I am wearing my normal clothes and am comfortable again wearing jeans, not all comfy pants anymore. : )

Weight gain: 1 pound gain


Emotions: I get frustrated easily.  I have a short fuse which is a combo of hormones and lack of sleep. I'm hoping this doesn't last too much longer!

Milestones:  We made our secret public and we had our first doctor appointment!!!  And the best milestone this week, we got to see our baby and hear the heartbeat!!!!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

I feel like I still have issues with smells sometimes. It is definitely frustrating when you can't do anything to control it!