Saturday, March 19, 2011

13 Weeks

13 Weeks

Size of Baby Brewster: size of a peach and the head is more proportional, a third of the body size.

Biggest Challenges:  Handling all of my emotions during the day to day trials.  This week has been hard with worrying about Sam, working on my take home test, caring for the kids, all while trying to keep my emotions in check.

Cravings: No real cravings this week  

Aversions: Being home alone with the kids.  I feel like I need extra back up this week!!  I called Brad on Tuesday and asked him to come home early and my sweet husband made it possible!!  I was very thankful to see him Wednesday night instead of Thursday afternoon!

Gender:  Still feeling girl, it is the only way I can explain this emotion overload!

Movement:  No movement yet but wondering if I'll start to feel something this coming month!

Sleep: I have weaned myself off of Unisom and have been sleeping pretty well.  I'm super excited about that.  I did have a slip up on Friday night/ Saturday morning and was up from 3:30-5:30 but since that hasn't happened in a while I was ok with that.

What I miss:  Non-emotional moments/days.  I feel really overwhelmed and I miss being able to take things in stride.

Maternity Clothes:  Still in normal clothes but I did buy a pair of maternity capri pants for the summer and brought them with me on this trip since I don't have many summer clothes for the Houston weather.

Weight gain: 1 pound gain


Emotions: I get frustrated easily.  I have a short fuse which is a combo of hormones and too much on my plate. I'm hoping this doesn't last too much longer!

Milestones: As of today, I'm officially in the second trimester so I'm looking forward to more energy, less hormonal meltdowns, and less yucky feelings!!  We are a third of the way there to meeting our newest family member!!!!  Well, sort of... I'm assuming I'll go at least 41 weeks so we are not technically 1/3 of the way there yet but really close!!!

No comments: