Friday, March 4, 2011

First Ultrasound

Today was my first doctor appointment!!  I was nervous to meet my doctor for the first time not knowing what she would say about the possibility of my having a VBAC there.  I was excited though to finally be able to hear the baby's heartbeat and was hopeful that she would do an ultrasound so we could see baby.  We told Owen where we were going and what we were going to be doing.  He was SO excited to see the baby in my belly AND the baby in HIS belly.  He talked about it the whole way there!
I love when he is excited about something!  He jumps up and down and says, "Mom, I'm so esited!!!"
We got there and were taken to this room with the ultrasound equipment so I knew we were going to finally get to see our little baby!!!  I asked Addyson to come take a picture with me.  As soon as the picture was snapped she was out of there.  She didn't want to stick close by.  I think she is a bit nervous at the doctor's office now after last weekend!
The doctor, Dr. Hardman, came in and did the ultrasound right away!!!  It was SO cool.  Even after seeing two other babies, this still took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes.  What a tiny miracle to see!!!  We got to hear the heartbeat, it was 170.  Baby is measuring 11 weeks and 1 day and I will be 11 weeks tomorrow so baby is growing according to schedule.  The kids were really into it and about halfway through Owen got really quiet.  I couldn't figure out what was going on but I finally figured it out.  As soon as the doctor was done and I was wiping off my belly I heard Owen say, "But I don't want to do it."  : )  He didn't want to have his turn listening to the baby in his belly.  That is why he got quiet.  He was probably thinking, "Oh no, I'm next, I'm next.  What do I do????"  I'm glad he didn't want to do it!  Might have been a fight if he did.  Silly little guy!
Well here is the first picture of the newest member of our family.  This tiny little baby was very active and was so fun to watch.  I can't wait to meet our newest addition in 30 weeks!!!

*VBAC follow-up, I was told Washington Regional is not fully changing their policy to regularly allow VBACs but if I go into labor on my own before 40 weeks and come into the hospital as a 6 or 7 they will probably allow me to VBAC.  That was good news to my ears.  I know my kids don't come before 40 weeks but I'll cross that bridge when I get there!!!  This is a step in the right direction!!!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

That looks like the same room where we had our ultrasound! And Baby H's heartbeat was 171 the first time. :)