Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fishing Trip

Brad's big surprise for the whole trip was a fishing trip he had planned for Saturday morning.  We knew Owen would be so excited and that was all Brad could talk about leading up to the trip.  He would talk about how he couldn't wait to see Owen's face when he found out what we were doing.  I knew Brad was equally excited for himself!!!  And I was excited for both of them.  Because Owen doesn't like to do things "tomorrow", he wants to do them today and because he is a broken record about things we didn't tell him about the trip until we were loading him up in the car to go there!
Actually we had to be at the boat at 6:15 so we had to leave the house at 5:45 so when we woke the kids up at 5:40 to load them up we told them what we were doing and Owen was SO excited.  He woke up with no issues and could hardly contain himself on the drive there.  It took Addyson a few minutes to get into it but once she saw Owen's excitement and he talked to her about it she got excited too!!!
As we were riding to our fishing site we saw two dolphins swimming beside us.  You can't see them in the picture but Owen is pointing them out to Addyson.
Once the boat stopped we got started!  Addyson was ready to jump in and start fishing with the big girl rod!!!  She didn't want my help but I didn't want the pole going overboard especially since it wasn't ours!!!!
It didn't take long before Owen snagged his first fish!!!  OH, he was SO excited!  I tried to film it but I couldn't find my flip in time.  He was squealing with excitement and everyone on the boat was so happy for him.  It was really cute!
Can you tell how excited he is?!?!?  This little guy had SO much fun on this trip!
Robin caught the first keeper of our group.  We were catching a lot of catfish because they bite first and finally Robin hooked the speckled trout.
And Owen caught a couple of keepers too!!!
And Brad caught a couple of keepers.  What you won't see is a picture of me holding a keeper.  I caught catfish and another type of fish they were using for bait... which if you know me, was killing me.  I wanted to throw them back SO bad and now watch the guy cut them up and put them back on my hook but I was told that's the circle of life.  I'm not convinced but on the boat with a bunch of fishermen was NOT the place to get in the debate.  I just tried NOT to catch many fish of that.
Which ended up not being hard.  Addyson was tired after 1.5 hours into it.  I could hardly blame her after her 5:40am wake up call.  She wanted to be in the sling and it was hurting my legs and back to try to fish with her on my back and baby in my belly.  I didn't mind.  I was more into watching Owen's face every time he caught a fish and taking pictures of it all!
The fish bait didn't bother the kids at all.  I was shocked.  I wasn't sure how Owen would take the fish being cut right in front of him and all of the other bait sitting out but he was really interested in it.  I think he was trying to piece it all together.  Once he realized what was going on with the bait he wanted to do it by himself.  I guess that's a sign of a true fisherman!
And Addyson was right there in it as well!!!!
After 2 hours Addyson was done and Owen was winding down.  They were getting hungry and tired and were voicing it quit often.  It didn't stop Owen from fishing until the very end but,
little Addyson just couldn't hang in there.  She took a 30 minute cat nap and woke up as we were pulling into the dock.
One last BIG keeper to fry up tonight!
What a stringer and what a trip!!!!

No comments: