Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update on Sam

Sammy survived the weekend!  The fluid the vet gave him seemed to make a world of difference.  By about 8pm on Saturday night he was a different dog.  After the kids went to bed I took him in bed with me to snuggle, I haven't done that in over a year, he really enjoyed it.  By Sunday morning he had a tiny bit of a skip in his step.  He is no longer throwing up and he is able to eat and drink.  I am babying him a lot and snuggling with him as much as I can.  I really want to make sure he knows he is loved!  Today was a bit of a rougher day for him but it was nothing like Saturday.  He is just sleeping more and has more of his tremors and doesn't have that skip in his step however, he isn't throwing up so I'm not concerned.  I think he is over his spell and I think he has a lot of life left in him.  I'm thankful for every good day with him and I'm thankful I don't have to make "that" hard decision just yet!

No comments: