Friday, February 17, 2012

Eating Healthy

Our kids have always eaten really healthy.  There are not many fruits or veggies they turn their nose up to.  The kids will often times pick salad over eating pizza.  When give the chance to pick a snack they'll pick blueberries over fruit snacks.  Getting them to eat healthy has never been a fight where I feel like I'm pulling teeth.  The only time where eating is an "issue" is when we give them something new.... but this happens with most things...not just healthy food... it can be an activity or even a sweet treat.  If it is new, I have to bribe them to get them to try it, especially Owen.
The adults, on the other hand, some how miss the healthy food that is around the house and snack on the snack food.  At the end of the day I always question myself, Why didn't I eat kiwi with the kids for breakfast, why did I skip breakfast instead?  Why didn't I choose seconds of salad like Owen?  I love fruits and veggies so I've never quit understood this about me. 
Now I'm ready to loose this baby weight and get ready for all of our upcoming activities!!!  I'm started exercising and while I exercise I get excited about making healthy meals!  I love how the two go hand-in-hand for me.  It is like, once you are (finally) on the wagon, you are totally committed!!!
Today for lunch I made lettuce wraps filled with cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts, turkey, and bell peppers!!!  I asked Owen if he would prefer to have a sandwich and he didn't... he wanted what we were having... and he ate TWO!!!  The kids ate them up!!!  I sat back and watched with joy as my family ate a healthy meal I prepared!!!  Here's to many more of those healthy meal choices and many more trips to the gym!!!  Good Bye Baby Belly!!! : )

No comments: