Friday, February 10, 2012

Gonna Miss This

When I was looking through the old photos to do the comparison blog of the three kids I came up with the idea to do some old photos with the words to "Don't Blink".  However, when I looked at the words there weren't really blog-like... if you know what I mean.  So, I took some of the words to 3 songs we have listened to a lot over the years..."It Won't Be Like This For Long" came out when Addyson was born and I remember bawling the first several times I heard it right after we brought her home!!!  I hope you like this post as much as I do!!! : )  PS- I added a picture to the end of the P post blog!! : )
It won’t be like this for long
One day we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought her home
 This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long
 It won’t be like this for long
One day soon you'll drop her off
And she won’t even know you're gone
 This phase is gonna fly by
If you can just hold on
It won’t be like this for long

He lays down there beside her
‘Til her eyes are finally closed
And just watchin’ her it breaks his heart
Cause he already knows
It won’t be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by
So, he's tryin’ to hold on
‘Cause it won’t be like this for long
Don't Blink
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
 You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
 So take a good look around
  You may not know it now
 But You're gonna miss this
 Looking back through all the pictures the words of these songs that I've been listening to for years rings SO true!!!  The good, the bad, and the ugly.... I miss them already!!!  My babies are growing up so quickly!!!  While I try to live in today and look forward for the future I find myself already missing the past.  I find myself forgetting things I thought I never would!  For this blog, I'm grateful!  Without it there are many little things I would have forgotten!  I am gonna miss these days but am hopeful that the future has so much more in store for us and the wonderful memories of today will carry us through the trying times of tomorrow!

3 comments:

Natalia Pizarro said...

You are so right! I feel the same way with mine!

Rincon Family said...

This is beautiful!! I know that must have been a lot of time to find all the pictures but what a great post :)

Sara Wittenberg said...

Aw, Ambre - that was so sweet. You worked hard on that - I love it!