Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mom, Did You Know...

 I can wear my hat this way...
 and sideways....
and backwards?!?!
I'm always buying Razorback hats for Owen, different sizes, hoping that "this" will be the season he starts to wear them.  He isn't a huge fan of hats but, for some reason, he found this hat the other day and has been wearing it!  He thinks it is funny to wear it different ways!  He even sported it to dinner tonight.  So, here's a question for you.... What are your thoughts at wearing a hat at the dinner table???  My mom hates it and will always ask you to remove your hat.  My brothers often fight it claiming they have "hat head" but that doesn't stop her from insisting that your hat be removed while you eat!  I'll never forget that when I was MUCH younger, we were eating at a restaurant and the server asked my stepdad to remove his hat.  That would never happen today... actually, it didn't happen.  We were eating dinner at Greenhouse Grille and Owen was wearing his hat... and I felt guilty!!!  I really wanted to ask him to remove his hat feeling that this was the right thing to do but, I didn't.  Is it the "right" thing?  If so, according to who?  Me?  My mom?  Society?  He was super cute and I was soaking that up and really, I haven't given much thought as to what is "right" since no one in our house regularly wears a hat so, I let it slide knowing I didn't have a stance one way or the other. I didn't want to make a rule yet without knowing where Brad and I stood on the matter.  So, what is the right hat etiquette these days????

1 comment:

The Villars said...

We take them off in our family- even girls. I have seen dads take their hats off and moms leave theirs on, but not us.