Sunday, April 8, 2012

Family Picture

We are ALL dressed up, church is beautifully decorated, and it is Ethan's special day so OF COURSE I want a family picture.  Should be easy... right?!?!
Not so much!  Owen was upset that his Easter Egg we got at church (each kid got to get 5 and I thought it would be a good idea to keep the kids occupied during the baptism... ended up being a minor disaster and I wish I hadn't suggested it!) didn't have chocolate in it.  He was pouting and was NOT going to pose for a picture... no bride worked.  Addyson is a "monkey see, monkey do" kind of kid and does exactly what Owen does... so, she is pouting too!
Thankfully, she works very well with bribes!  Great, 3 smiling people, a content baby, and one back.  I'm trying SO hard to be okay with this "family picture" and give up my idea of a "picture perfect" picture.
Wait, it gets better!  Now, baby is happy!
This is as good as it is going to get.  I take it and we get ready to leave... walking out of the church and Owen says, "I'm ready to smile now!"  What?!?!  Okay, I yell for Brad and we quickly go back to the front of the church.  Most of our family has left so someone in the pew waiting for 11:30 Mass offers to take our picture....
Now we have 4 people willing to have their picture taken.... doesn't mean smiling but means they are showing their faces.... and a baby that is DONE!!!
Is this how family photos are going to be for the next 5 years?!?!
Ok, Addyson, put your hand down.  Come on guys, let's smile!  I have to remind Brad to keep smiling and not talking otherwise he'll look funny in the pictures too!
 Finally, a great family photo!!!!  I LOVE this picture!!!  So, glad I got my "picture perfect" picture!!!!
Happy Easter Everyone!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Awww, that last one is definitely perfect!