Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our Weekend

This weekend was filled with fun..... and cleaning!!!  Much needed cleaning!  I just can't seem to get motivated to clean.... you know when something is SO mess you just don't know where to start so you just don't start....
That's my problem....and I don't know how to tackle it.  I sit, surrounded by the clutter, and think of hiring someone to come help me conquer it.  Then I talk myself out of it.  I tell myself, if I can just get started I can do it, I don't need help.  Problem, I don't start.  Then I tell myself, ok, just hire someone to help you get started.  It is a battle in my mind and it feels weird to hire someone and spend a lot of money to do something I should be able to do on my own.... of course, new ideas would be nice!
So, I found a happy medium!!!  See that!  Know what you are looking at?  A Mother's Helper with my kids, entertaining the big two while I'm doing dishes in the kitchen!  The idea of a Mother's Helper has been given to me a couple of times so I decided to try it out!  I found a little girl, 10 years old, through the MOM'S Club and she came over to play for 2 hours and I paid her $5.  She was very grateful  and so was I.  And the funny thing is, I work SO much better under pressure so knowing I was paying someone to play with the kids while I work motivated me to work!  Hey, whatever it takes!  Plus, the kids really enjoyed having a fresh, young face to play with!!  I'm having her come back Tuesday! This coming week is a busy week!!  We have family coming in town for Ethan's baptism and Addyson's birthday party so I need to get ready!  Plus, some of them will be staying in the RV so, not only do I have to get my house clean but, I also have to get the RV clean.
Brad and I haven't had date night in a while so I asked my mom to come watch the kids for a couple of hours so we could get away!  It was SO nice!!  The kids haven't seen my mom in a while so they were happy to spend time with her while Brad and I ate a nice quiet and relaxing dinner!  Mom said that Ethan was hamming it up for everyone, giggling like crazy while the kids made him laugh.  She had Owen take this picture!  He did a pretty good job!
The other big news this weekend is that Ethan is on the verge of crawling!!!  He pops up on his knees and rocks and rocks and rocks!!!  He also "jumps" his knees up and down a lot, getting them off the ground!  He just has to figure out his hands!  I'm not the type of mom that wants to rush to the next stage.  I'm not wishing for Ethan to crawl anytime soon however, I see how frustrated he is getting so I want him to learn to crawl for his sake.  I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be to want to go but not be able to.  He'll be 6 months next week.... I wonder if he'll be crawling before then!
To wrap up our weekend we had Colby and Katrina over for dinner.... having guest over for dinner was GREAT motivation to get my house cleaned up!!!  So, what I didn't get done the other day when my Helper was over, I got done today!!!  Tonight was like a summer kick-off!!!  Clean house, like Spring cleaning was done, and then a dinner from the grill!!!  Is it summer already???  Sure feels like it with temperatures in the 80s!!!  This week is a BIG week for this family!  This weekend was a great way to kick start such an important week!  Have a good one everyone!

No comments: