Friday, May 4, 2012

Ethan is 7 Months

My baby boy is growing up before my very eyes!!!  Today he is 7 months old and I'm not sure where the times has gone.  I was holding him this morning in the living room and had a quick flashback to holding him in that same seat just hours after he was born and I couldn't believe 7 months had passed.  I can close my eyes and it seems like he was just a 10 pound bundle of joy yesterday!!!
 Now, he is a 20+ pound baby boy full of joy, smiles, and curiousity!!!  Strangers comment on how "happy" he is.  He is a happy guy as long as he isn't left alone, tired, or hungry.  Poor guy, I often find myself telling him, "It's okay little guy, you are next.  Hang in there.  I haven't forgotten about you.  I promise, you are NEXT!!!!"  Thankfully he is easily distracted by new items, they capture his curisosity and can keep him entertained usually long enough for me to finish what I'm doing and then take care of his needs.
 He is also easily entertained/distacted by his siblings, other kids, and adult strangers.  He has started to notice other kids when we are out and he will smile at them.  It is reallly cute!  He will also squeal with delight to get other's attention.  Yes, he is still a squealer.  If he is happy, excited, frustrated... you name it, he squeals!  He is also a talker.  "baba" and "dada" are his most common sounds.
 He is still not a huge solid food eater.  He still gags so I hold back and don't force it.  He nurses well so I don't worry too much.  He does snack on puffs if I break them into 6 small pieces.  Every now and then I 'll try a spoonfull or two of baby food and he makes a lot of faces, talks with food in his mouth, and then gags a bit as the food makes its way to the back of his throat.  So, while we are at the table he plays with spoons, lids, a sippy cup, and his toothebrush that he got from the dentist.
 He has't officially crawled yet however, he does get around!  He rolls, pushes backwards, and pushes off of his toes and lunges himelf forward.  He gets up on his knees and can lift and arm without falling down but doesn't go forward yet.  Just the other day he sat up on his own!!!!!  I laid him down to play with toys while I went to get coffee and I came back and he was sitting up with a HUGE smile on his face!!!  He was so pround.  This has now made nap time and bedtime a bit more difficult becasue he sits himself up and will not go to sleep so I have to stay with him until he falls asleep.  He is too busy to sleep... he wants to practice his new skill!!!!  He is also too busy to be held!  He is VERY wiggly and it makes it hard to hold him.  The more tired he is, the more wiggly he is.  If you are holding him his is twisting around to see something or bouncing up and down!!!  He also likes to grab your face and pull you in close and put his mouth on you.  His grip is strong and his pinch and made me yell out loud a couple of times!!!  He is very strong!!!
If I were to quiz him (like I do the older two) here are what I think some of his answers would be...
What is your favorite drink? Breast milk but, I'm starting to get some water out of my sippy cup that I "play" with.
What is your favorite toy? My exersaucer.  I also like spoons, lids, and other new objects.
What is your favorite seat? I like to sit up on the floor and play with my toys!  But really, I prefer to be standing up and a part of the action!!!
Who is your favorite person? Owen and Addyson
What is your favorite show? Watching Owen and Addyson but, the tv is starting to catch my eye!  I have also noticed 2 furry objects running through our house!
What is your favorite thing? I like to play with spoons, lids, and really anything else I can get in my mouth!  I also like to be close to all of the action.
What is your favorite thing to do? Put things in my mouth and practice sitting up.  I also like to bounce up and down!  And I like to splash in the bath!
What is your favorite song? Baa Baa Black Sheep
Happy 7 Months, Ethan!!!  You continue to light up our lives, make us smile, and amuse us with the new things you are learning every day!  We are so proud of you!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Such a happy baby! We need to get together for a play date soon. :)