Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I had BIG plans for Mother's Day weekend and I was really looking forward to it! The plans started with me coming home Friday night (from Nashville) around 11:30pm and then getting up at 7 to head to Silver Dollar City with some friends!  We loaded up in the RV with the moms and kids (and Brad as driver) while the dads followed in their cars.  The kids had a blast.  They ate breakfast, played, and got dressed and ready for a day of fun!
Everyone was happy and having fun.... but me. : (  I was SO sick.  I woke up about 3am with a fever and super sore throat.  When Brad woke me up I was hurting.  He asked if we should cancel our trip but I could't bring myself to do it.  I had promised our kids that that's what we would do after I had been away from them for 3 days and they were looking forward to riding rides with their friends and camping that night.  I think if we didn't have the RV I probably would have stayed home.  Instead, I went and slept in the back with Ethan the whole ride to SDC!
Then I mustered up the energy to walk around SDC with the group.  I should have rented a scooter!!!  Instead, I sat on the bench while the kids rode rides and I had Brad and Veronica in charge of taking pictures!
My friends really stepped up and helped with my kids!!!  When Addyson was the "odd child out" when the others all rode together, Billie stepped up and rode with Addyson so she didn't have to ride alone!!!  I was so thankful to be able to sit back and know my kids were having a good time and everyone was taken care of.
I just wish I had felt better!  It was killing me to know have ANY energy to stand up and watch... I could barely hold Ethan long enough to nurse him!
Why did I go????  To see Rhonda Vincent!  Every year SDC has their big Bluegrass and BBQ festival and we missed it last year and Brad said he did NOT want to miss it this year... which is why I rushed hom from Nashville!  We made the 1pm show.... despite Owen throwing up right before show started from riding rides on an empty stomach.  I'm not sure how much I got out of the show... I was tired and miserable at this point but, I was there!!!  As soon as it was over, we headed back to the RV (in the parking lot) and Addyson, Ethan, and I stayed there and napped for 3 hours while Brad and Owen went back to have some one on one time (Owen didn't need to nap becasue she slept on Brad's lap for the whole show).  It worked out for everyone.... for the most part!  Brad wanted to head back to Fayetteville that night but I wasn't up fora  2 hour drive where I had to entertaint the kids so we went ahead and headed to the campground.  I slept while Brad ordered pizza for the kids and entertained them outside.  I can't believe how much I slept!  I havn't been this sick in a long time!
Sunday, Mother's Day, I ended up sleeping most of the morning and getting up in time to shower and eat lunch before we had to head back to Fayetteville in time to make it for Owen's soccer game.  I sat outside in a sweatshirt, I went between chills and sweats.... what a mess of a weekend!
Nammie and Uncle Kellen met us to watch Owen play soccer so that was a nice treat!  Despite me being a bit down and out, I think the kids had a great time so that is really all that matters.  I got no "Mother's Day" picture with my kids and not big celebration.  I got to sleep in but not because it was a specail day. ; )... I'll have to save all that for another weekend.  Brad, if you are reading this, Rain check please!!!
I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No comments: