Friday, May 4, 2012

Night with Friends

Tonight we celebrated with the Dixons.  David turned the big 4-0!!!  Wow!!  Seems "old".... crazy to think that that will be my next milestone birthday!!!!  I feel like I just turned 21!  But oh, how so much has changed since I turned 21!!!  Would I want to go back to that age???  Probably not!
Don't get me wrong, there are times I miss be care-free and staying out with my friends until the wee hours of the morning and then sleeping in.... heck, sometimes I slept the next day away.  But really, you can only keep that up for so long and maintain and healthy life, right?!?!  Now???  Well now I "party" early with sweet friends, go to bed early, and get up early!  I'm that person I use to laugh at!  The person I swore I would never be!  Who goes to be at 10pm on a Friday night???  Um, that would be me these days and 10 is late!!! ; )

Funny how, back then, I thought I would be missing out on SO much if I went to bed at 10.  What I didn't realize is that back then, I was missing out on so much!  I had NO idea the richness of life that was yet to come!  The unconditional love from a husband, kids, and friends that I am so blesssed to have!  Friends that have the same goals for their life, their relationship with their spouse, and their kids and we get together and it is SO comfortable!  There is no judging!  No trying to out do the other!  No competing for attention of others!  Nope, just good ol' fashion fun and laughs!
And I wouldn't trade this early night out with my husband and friends for anything!!!  Well maybe I'd like to sleep in one Saturday morning but I know my time for that is coming!  Until then, I'll enjoy my early nights and early mornings surrounded by love and friendship!

No comments: