Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving at Owen's School

This afternoon Owen's school kicked off their Thanksgiving break with a Charley Brown Thanksgiving!  They got to watch Charley Brown Thanksgiving in their class.....
and then they all put on their hats (Owen choose to be an Indian) and they went to the other kindergarten classroom (Mrs. Johnson's class) to celebrate as a whole group!
All of the children sat and talked about what they had learned about Thanksgiving and the first Thanksgiving celebration and then they got to watch how the popcorn popped!!!
Here is their Charley Brown Thanksgiving plate minus the popcorn that was popping.
My handsome Indian!
What a group!!!
They said their prayer before the fun began!
And then it was time to eat and Owen went straight for the toast!  I think he only ate toast and popcorn.... and I ate his jellybeans.... can't let those go to waste! : )
Silly Boys!
As sad as I was that Owen started kindergarten this year, I have to say that it has been a great year.  I am thankful for my little kindergartener, his awesome teacher, great school, and my mom for watching my 2 little kids during nap time so I can go be a part of Owen's school activities!!!
So much to be thankful for!!!!

No comments: