Tuesday, December 4, 2012

14 Months

This little mover is 14 months old!!!  I tried to do his 14 month photo shoot at Big Cedar but he was on the go and I didn't get any great photos.... it is almost impossible to catch him these days!!!  He can almost run now... walks at a very fast pace.  He can climb some things but is still a bit too short to get up onto most average size things.  He doesn't like to sit... he likes to be on the go!  He also likes hanging with the big kids.  He follows them around and plays with them.  If Owen is playing football with his stuffed animals, Ethan likes to grab an animal and get in on the game!  If Addyson is walking around with a baby doll in a stroller, Ethan wants a stroller too!  He is like that with other kids as well.  I think his favorite thing to do is drop the big kids off at school and walk around their classrooms looking for things to play with or climb up in the big kid chairs!
He is good about going to sleep by himself at night time and his first nap he goes down easily for... it is the second nap that is hard!  I don't think it would be hard if I wasn't trying to squeeze in a nap before we had to pick up Owen.  There have been a few days this month where I tried napping him after we picked up Owen and that worked really well.  He likes to have the fan going and his music playing and he nurses to sleep at nap time.  At night I play the same sounds, nurse him, and then lay him in his crib to fall asleep on his own.  He still nurses 4-? times a night and usually wakes up between 5:30-6:30.
He is a very happy, easy going, independent guy!  He loves when you laugh at him.  He'll do things that we have laughed at before (his food trick) to get us to laugh again!  He "bee bops" around the house doing his own thing and checks in with me if he is hungry or thirsty or sometimes if he is tired (a lot of times he'll keep playing even if he is tired... you just see him yawn a lot!).  I actually call him "bee bop" some times... I think that started because he says something that sounds like "bop".
He is into everything.  He loves my tupperware drawers and the pots and pans!  He also loves the dishwasher!  He gets dishes out as fast I put them away.  He also loves the kids art supplies!  He likes to chase the dogs around and he likes to have the big kids chase him... he giggles the whole time!  He also likes to carry around hangers.... I really get nothing done these days because he makes it almost impossible!!!  But it is fun to watch him and I know this is just a phase so I go with it!
He is eating great.  Loves cheese, meat of all kinds, veggies of all kinds, cereal, bread, beans, yogurt, and soups.  He also loves milk and water.  He still isn't a fan of fruit... he will "drink" it from a pouch when it is mixed with veggies but that is it.  He also doesn't like all kind of noodles, he will often pick those out.  He loves to feed himself and prefers to eat with a spoon!  He really likes to mimic what we do!
What are your favorite items in the house? My mom hid all of the markers so I've had to find something else to carry around...... I carry around hangers now!  I also love Addyson's chair, you can find me sitting in there a lot!
What is your favorite drink? Breast milk, water, and milk (2%)
What is your favorite food?  I love meat, cheese sticks, peas, and baby puffs.
What is your favorite toy?  I like to play with the Tupperware drawer and the pot lids in the kitchen!  I also love my play table, my new guitar!
What is your favorite seat?  I like to sit with Addyson in her rocking chair!  I also like to go in Owen's room and sit on his soccer chair!
Who is your favorite person? Owen and Addyson, Addyson spends a lot of time trying to get me to laugh and she is very good at it.  She also tries to pick me up which frustrates my mom. I look up to Owen and likes when he talks to me, he is starting to play with me more!
What is your favorite show? The tv is fun! I like it when music plays on there and I can dance!  I also like to sit and watch it now with Owen and Addyson.
What is your favorite thing? I love to blow bubbles in my water cup!!!!!  I also love to dance!  I bounce and shake my head and shake my arms!
What is your favorite thing to do? Put things in my mouth, I can always be seen carrying something in my mouth.  I also love to dance!  I also love being outside!
What is your favorite song? Baa Baa Black Sheep and now I like to bounce to all kinds of music!
What size clothes do you wear?  I wear 12-18 month clothes.
What is your favorite movie?  I love the Lorax!!!!  I will sit and watch the whole thing!  It is playing in our car right now and I turn my head around (I am still rear facing in my car seat) so I can watch it!
This curious little guy likes figuring out how things work.  This independent little guy likes to do things by himself, he often pushes my hands away so I don't help him.  This happy guy loves attention and loves to laugh.  This little brother loves following his big siblings around.  This little guy is growing up before my eyes!  He is really reaching that fun stage where he interacts with us more and understands more and can follow commands.  I can't wait to see all he learns this month!

No comments: