Friday, January 4, 2013

15 Months Old

Our little guy is 15 months old!  15 months going on 2 years!  People often comment that he doesn't act like a 15 month old "baby"!  Owen just started walking at this stage.... Ethan... he is running.... and climbing and trying to jump and dancing and and and!!!!
He is an active little guy and a very vocal little guy!!  He is constantly on the go and constantly babbling as he be bops around!!!  One of his favorite sounds to make is "la la la" which is what he is doing in this pictures.  We know he is awake in the morning because he starts chatting as soon as he wakes up.  He loves to "chat" with you!  He'll get right in your face and chat away and then pause... waiting for your response.  When you respond, he chats back.  It is a back and forth conversation that can go on and on!  Most of it is jibberish but he does have some words!
Words- mama, dada, dog, "cheese" (he says this when he picks up a camera or sees me taking pictures), up, and shoes.  I swear he said "Addyson" the other day but that was probably a fluke (Owen would tell you Ethan has a lot more words, Owen is always saying things Ethan says.  I don't buy them all but, Owen was Addyson interpreter so he might be doing the same for Ethan!  It is amazing what siblings understand that the rest of us don't!)
Signs- "up", "all done", "more", "Please", and "gimmie"  These signs have really helped with the screaming!!!  I'm SO excited!!!
sounds- he growls!  He think every animal growls!!!  It is SO cute!  You know he's spotted an animal when he starts growling!  This started with me asking what sound a bear makes.... now it has carried over to most animals!
He is a good eater!  I spent most of the past 5 months worried about him eating table food and really relied on breastfeeding.  Now he eats like a champ 3 meals a day!  Breakfast is dry cereal, eggs, yogurt or toast with triangle cheese (laughing cow).  Lunch is a green veggie, meat, and cheese stick.  He loves peas, avocados, green beans, and spinach.  Dinner is whatever we are eating.  This is a HUGE step from last month!  He still doesn't like fruit.  He takes the occasional bit of banana but that is it.  I still rely on the fruit/veggie pouches for him to get his fruit in.  Favorites- avocados, peas, cheese, meats of all types, yogurt, carrots, sweet potatoes, baby puffs, and..... french fries!  Yep, he got a taste of them and he is hooked!!!  We don't eat out a lot so I don't worry but, when he sees a fry he starts signing "gimmie, gimmie, gimmie" and won't let it go until you give him one!!! : )
He is a very happy baby!  His smile is funny.... he tucks his upper lip in as if he is smirking.  Like he is trying to keep his smile in.... but he is happy so I'll take it!  If he gets a laugh or any kind of reaction he'll repeat whatever he was doing.  If he laughs, we'll repeat whatever we were doing!  Funny how that works!  He loves to dance, interact with the big kids, and chase the dogs!  He does great playing quietly by himself, he loves to play with his siblings, he likes to mimic what we do, and he likes to destroy my kitchen by emptying the cabinets quicker than I can put things away!!  I call him my "bull in a China shop".
We also call him our "bully".  That is just because he is very forceful and "speaks" or screams his mind!  If he doesn't like something he'll let you know!  If one of the big kids are sitting on my lap he screams and tries to pull them off!!!  He is big and strong and let's us know what he wants!!!!  I guess being the third, he has to be heard somehow!!!  He is big, healthy,happy and perfect to us!
Height- 33.25 inches 95th %
Weight- 25 pounds 57th%
What are your favorite items in the house? I like to chase the dogs
What is your favorite drink? Breast milk, water, and milk (whole)
What is your favorite food?  I love meat, cheese sticks, avocados, peas, and baby puffs.
What is your favorite toy?  I like to play with the Tupperware drawer and the pot lids in the kitchen!  I love cars and Owen's stuffed animals
What is your favorite seat?  I like to sit with Addyson in her rocking chair!  I also like to go in Owen's room and sit on his soccer chair!
Who is your favorite person? Owen and Addyson
What is your favorite show? I love kid shows in the morning
What is your favorite thing? I love to blow bubbles in my water cup!!!!!  I also love to dance!  I bounce and shake my head and shake my arms!
What size clothes do you wear?  I wear 12-18 month clothes but they are starting to get too short
What is your favorite movie?  I love the Lorax!!!!  I will sit and watch the whole thing!  It is playing in our car right now and I turn my head around (I am still rear facing in my car seat) so I can watch it!
 Happy 15 Month Baby Boy!!!!

No comments: