Thursday, February 28, 2013

Eating Fruit

Getting Ethan to try fresh fruit has been a bit of a hard task... something that is really stressing me out even though I try to remind myself to relax... he'll come around (or at least I hope he does).  I try to give him pieces of fresh fruit every now and then and he usually spits it out right away... ugh!  What doesn't he like about fresh fruit?!?!  Is it too sweet???  Is it the texture???  Well I can't just sit back and wait for him to one day like it... so I've been giving him the squeeze pouches of fruit/veggie mixes and some with just fruit mixes and he seems to "like" those... some days he'll eat them and some days he won't.... but I just hope that on the days he does eat them, he is starting to develop a taste for fruit (even if it is slowly.... I'll keep buying the pouches if that's what it takes!!).
With that being said, you can imagine how excited I was when he ate a bit of strawberry today while we were at Chick Fil A with friends.... and he didn't sit it out right away..... no, he actually ate it!!!  And then.... he ate more!!!!  And more!!!!  And then he ate grapes!!!!  I was shocked and excited!!!  While he didn't eat a lot.... it is a start... and I'll take it!!!  I hope by the summer when we are surround by so much yummy fresh fruit, he'll start eating/ liking it more!!!

No comments: