Friday, February 15, 2013

Time to Consign (Rhea Lana)

It's that time of year, when many moms gather quality children and maternity items from around their home to consign at the local Rhea Lana sale that happens twice a year (4 times a year if you include the Northwest Arkansas sale).  I have to admit, I've been a Rhea Lana shopper for 5 years (even since Owen was a baby) but I only recently became a consignor.  The thought of consigning seemed SO overwhelming!!  After speaking with my good friend Kathleen numerous times about consigning, I finally bit the bullet and gave it a try!!!  The first time I took about 40 items... to give it a try and see if I could do it.  It was MUCH easier than I thought it was and watching my sales became addicting!!!  The next time around I took 75 items to sell.... I wanted to take more but I'm such a last minute person that I only had the time to prepare 75 items.  I promised myself that the next time will be different.... we'll see... I'm still in the tagging stage but so far I have 85 items after working for just a couple of hours today so I'm hopeful I'll max out with 150 items!!!! : )
 Consigning is easy..... you should give it a try!!!  Go to the Rhea Lana website for Fayetteville and sign up to consign... they walk you through it and it is super easy!  Then, go through your closest/ toy room and get a few items (the minimum is 15 items) to give it a try!  You'll also need some safety pins and tags to attach to your items!!!
To help me stay organized, I number the tags so when I attach the sale tag to it the item is easy to find..... I didn't do this the first time and I spent a lot of time attaching sale tags because my pile fell and my clothes got out of order.  I then input each item giving it a description, size it, price it, and say if it can sell for half price... the website makes this process SO easy!!!
 In a matter of an hour and a half I had this pile organized, tagged, and inputted!!!!!  You should give consigning a try!!!!  You have until Wednesday night (the 20th) to input your items so there is still time to consign!!!  If you have any questions let me know!!!  If you don't have anything to sell, make sure to check out the sale!
Fayetteville Spring 2013 Event March 3-9 2075 N. Shiloh Dr.
Fayetteville

No comments: