Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ethan is 18 Months

Our little man is now a year and a half old!!!  He is growing and blossoming by leaps and bounds!  He isn't really a little baby anymore... he can run and hang with the big kids and that is where he prefers to be!  We had to turn his carseat around last week to forward facing because he is fighting facing backward and he is too strong and too hard-headed to try to force him to sit any way he doesn't want to!!!  He sees what the older 2 kids are doing and he wants to be just like them!  He mimics them in play.... he can pretend play babies, cars, or zoo (with all of our Schlect animals), he can dribble a soccer ball and is learning to throw a ball, he can climb up on top of anything now, he eats properly with a fork and can drink from a cup, I really can't think of much he can't do!
He is a very happy little guy as long as he is getting his way!!!  He loves to smile, giggle, and babble.  He will have a complete conversation with you but you won't understand a thing!  He loves to be tickled and he just loves to laugh!  However, if he is mad.... he is a screamer!!!  He can clear a room!!!  This comes up when he isn't getting something he wants, the big kids lock them out of their room, a big kid has a toy he wants, and when I don't nurse him a night time.... we have worked on night weaning and have been successful... he hasn't nursed at night since March 17.  However, that doesn't mean he is sleeping through the night.  He will scream for an hour on end (waking up others in the house) because he is SO mad.... thankfully, here in the past week, that is getting better.  He is easier to put back to sleep after waking up AND he has slept through the night ONE time on March 31!!!  I am hopeful that by 19 months we will have made great progress with his sleep schedule... especially since he is giving up his morning nap, he should be really tired by bedtime which should help him sleep better!
What are your favorite items in the house? I like to play with the stove, tv remotes, and cell phones
What is your favorite drink? Breast milk, water, and milk (whole)
What is your favorite food?  I love meat, cheese sticks, avocados, peas, crackers, pretzels, french fries, and fruit pouches... I'm starting to like bananas
What is your favorite toy?  I like to play with the toy barn that has different buttons to push to get animals to pop out and the toy that is similar to that that Nina got me.
What is your favorite seat?  I like to climb up on the couch and sit by my siblings
Who is your favorite person? Owen and Addyson... I love for them to chase me
What is your favorite show? The Lorax
What is your favorite thing? Music, animals, and books
What size clothes do you wear?  I wear 18-24 month clothes but they are starting to get too small.  Here I am wearing a 2T shirt
What is your favorite song? "Let it Grow" from the Lorax!  We do dance parties a lot and when mom turns on the wrong song, I cry!
Where do you like to go?  My favorite place to be is outside!  I like to go in the backyard and swing or go out front and ride in the blue Mustang car
What are you new words?  Ball, "GO!", please (he says and signs), nurse (he says and signs), done, this, and he is really good at mimicking so he is sounding out a whole lot more (I just can't remember).
New foods? I have tried many new fruits; apples, plums, blueberries (not a fan yet), and I tried shortbread Girl Scout cookies and I love those!!!
What do you do your mommy thinks is cute?  When she asks me a question and the answer is yes I say, "Um hum!"
What is your bad habit?  I like to head butt people!
Any big transitions?  I moved from mommy and daddy's bed to Addyson's room... I am sleeping in her bed while she shares the bunk beds in Owen's room.  I am also getting really good at following simple commands and if mommy asks if I need a diaper change I can sign to her I do and I get the wet wipes when she asks!
Happy 18 months to my happy little man!!!

No comments: