Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Family "Good Bye" Dinner

Hard to believe we are preparing for Brad to leave!  We are starting to saying our "good byes" but we have to remind people (and ourselves) that this isn't "good bye" for the next 3-5 years... it is just "good bye" for the next year or so.  We are so lucky that Brad's work will pay for us to fly home once a year so we can visit all of our family and friends.  I think the plan is that Brad will come home for a month or so and the kids and I will spend most of our summer break home visiting... and keeping cool!  Knowing we will be back "home" to see everyone sooner than later makes saying "good bye" a little easier... or maybe I'm just saying that now because it hasn't really hit me yet... it really doesn't feel like Brad is moving to our new home on the other side of the world!  It just feels like he is leaving for a work trip and will be back in a week or two.  So, maybe when I'm the one saying "good bye" things might feel a bit different!  We'll see!
It is a bit strange to think that the next time we get this crew together everyone will be so much more grown up!  Especially Ethan, imagine how much he is going to change this next year!  Hopefully with the help of Skype, our family won't miss out on too much!
Knowing tomorrow would be completely crazy with last minute packing, we got together with my family for dinner after we got home from Branson this afternoon!  It was SO nice that Kellen and Paz made the drive in to see Brad before he left! (Brad got to see Aric and Emily while I was in Puerto Rico)  Family dinners, family outings, family holidays... I'm gonna miss those!
Ethan, what are you going to miss most about outings like this.....
the cheese dip?!?! : )
We are so use to our usual get togethers and regular go to restaurants... it is hard to imagine finding new places we love and starting new traditions... but I'm really excited to start the adventure and be able to come home and share our stories with everyone!  And to think... these family "good bye" dinners are going to become a yearly tradition as we leave N. America behind to head back to our "home" at the end of every summer!  That's kind of crazy to think about!
My brothers, Paz, Brad, and I were having lots of fun catching up and the kids were getting a bit restless in the restaurant so Nammie walked them across the parking lot to go get frozen yogurt!
That was a special treat for them and some great cousin/ Nammie time!!!!
What a great evening with my family... but we are going to have to stop having our "last meal" soon... I'm starting to feel/ see the effects of so much eating out!!!! : )  I guess I won't have to worry about that too much longer... not sure how much we'll be eating out in Saudi!  Ok, that was the last family "good bye" dinner.. tomorrow night it is just Brad and I eating dinner out while a friend watches the kids so we can fun some last minute errands.. then, that's it... off he goes.....

No comments: