Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sonshine School Performance

The school year is coming to an end and we are preparing for/ attending all of the end of the year performances, activities, and today was Owen's actual last day of school.  Knowing this is our last year in Fayetteville for awhile, I am being extra sentimental... so imagine my sadness when Addyson came into our room this morning saying she didn't feel good and then threw up 2 minutes later.  POOR Sister!  She kept saying all day, "I don't like being sick" and to make matters worse... tonight was her big performance at school she has been working so hard on!  She loves to sing and perform and we were all looking forward to watching her!
All day long I kept hoping Addyson would get over the sickness... after about 6 hours I could tell she felt a little better and could keep liquids and some solids down..... so we pressed on and were determined to make it to the show....
Crazy, I know... but I was SO hopeful for Addyson AND Ethan was having his shinning moment too so I didn't want to miss out on any of that. So we dressed up everyone and headed to their school.  I dropped off Ethan in his class so he could ride in with them.... look at him looking around the auditorium looking for us... we knew to hide because if he saw us it was ALL over with.... and I took Addyson with me to the back of the auditorium until it was her turn to go on stage... to keep from spreading germs... ok.. I have to quickly confess that she threw up all of her smoothie Brad made her on the way to school..... yeah, I think it is safe to say I pushed her too hard to go....
But at that point, we were there and well.... the show must go on.... so on it went.....
and neither of my kids had any shinning moments.... the shiniest thing going was the star Ethan was holding... and tearing off of its stick!
Ethan's class sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and held up there stars... and Ethan did neither of the above...
He just looked around and looked dazed... glad we didn't miss that stellar performance! ; )
Then it was Addyson's class's turn to go... Addyson wouldn't go up there unless I went with her... good thing I dressed up and didn't wear my sweats I was wearing all day.... so I went up with her and she refused to stand on stage
...so she sat on my lap... and was miserable.  Poor thing.  "You are My Sunshine" is her FAVORITE song and she didn't even say/sing one word of you... you know she had to be wishing she was just at home on the couch....
So as soon as her class was done performing, we left.  We didn't stay until the end.  Am I glad we went... not sure... if we hadn't, I probably would be wondering how Ethan would have done and if Addyson would have gone up on stage.  But, had I known she would throw up on the way there, I would have just taken Ethan.  I just feel SO bad for her.  She LOVES Sonshine school and I know she sings her heart out at chapel and I was really looking forward to her performing... oh well... on to the next chapter, the next school year.. preK 4 for her at the big kid's school, and on to new performances!

No comments: