Thursday, June 27, 2013

5 Minutes with Owen (6 years)

Wow, it is that time again.... little man is having a birthday and I have the tradition of doing an interview with the birthday (and half birthday) kid to check in with them and see what they are up to!  Before I start, let me just say, WOW!  I can't believe my "baby" is 6 now.... when they have to hold up both hands to display their age, doesn't that seem like they are SO much older?!?! .  While I love watching him grow up into a little man, I wish I could bottle up these years and keep him little forever.... when I tell him this he says, "NO, I want to grow up to be big like my dad!!!" .... and he is well on his way to achieving that goal.....
  • What is your full name? Owen Kurtis Brewster (it is really Kurtis Owen)
  • What is your nickname? Owie
  • How old are you? 6
  • When is your birthday? June 27
  • What is your favorite color? All of them
  • What is your favorite thing to watch on tv? Phineas and Ferb
  • What is your favorite movie? Spiderman
  • What is your favorite store?  Toys R Us
  • What's your favorite thing to eat? Bell peppers, cucumbers, and carrots
  • What is your favorite restaurant? Red Lobster (we never go there... I'd say Chick fil A or Flying Burrito)
  • What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries, blueberries, and bananas!
  • What is your favorite snack? Goldfish (we never eat these.. but he just did on vacation)
  • What is your favorite vegetable? you already said that.. we already did vegetables
  • What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? Macaroni and cheese
  • What is your favorite candy? Mint (the big thing in my house is when you upgrade and can eat hard candies... and every restaurant has mints out... so he now likes to ask if they are hard or not and if he can have one)
  • What is your favorite thing to do? Watch tv all day (which mommy does not allow ; )  )
  • What is your favorite toy? My meerkats
  • What is your favorite thing to play with? I don't know, like any boy toy (He likes to play football with his stuffed monkeys)
  • What was your favorite birthday present?  A skateboard!
  • But you didn't get a skateboard for your birthday.  I know, I'm gonna ask for one for Christmas.
  • Who is your best friend? Carson (I'd say Issac and Jacob)
  • Carson?  What about Jacob?  Jacob told me I'm not his best friend.
  • What is your favorite thing to do at school? School work
  • What is your favorite thing to learn about? Bugs
  • What do you want to be when you grow up? an ant killer (what?!?!) (he told me the other day he wanted to live on a farm and be a fireman)
  • What is your favorite sport? baseball, basketball, football, and soccer
  • Do you have any pets? 2 fishes
  • What is your favorite animal? Fish
  • What if your favorite animal at the zoo?  Penguin
  • What is your favorite thing to say? Are you serious?!?! (Really?!?!)
  • What is your favorite song? I don't know (The Razorback Song (Fight Song))
  • What is your favorite number? 1,000
  • What is your favorite letter? O for Owen!
  • What is your favorite book?  Dr. Seuss
  • Are you sad or happy? happy
  • Where do you live? In Arkansas
  • What is changing for us?  Moving
  • Where are we moving?  To Saudi Aravia (that's how he says it)
  • Where does mommy live? Arkansas
  • Where does daddy live? Saudi Aravia
  • Where does daddy work? In Saudi Aravia
  • Who is your favorite person? Daddy, because he teaches me all about fishing!
  • Who is the funniest person in the house?  You (Addyson chimes in- what about me?  I tell funny jokes!  : ) )
  • What do you usually tell me your sister is?  (Addyson chimes in- Spicy.  Mommy tells me I'm a spicy girl!)
  • What do you think about your baby brother? He's funny
  • What kind of fan are you?  A Razorback fan!
  • Where do you go to school? In Saudi Aravia
  • What grade are you in? 1st grade
  • What does your mommy tell you you should do?  Clean up (I thought he would say I tell him not to grow up! )
  • Anything else? No
  • Was this fun? Yes!
Owen is wearing size 5/6 pants... he needs a 5 for the waist but a 6 for the length.  He is wearing 6/7 shirts.  He wears a 13 shoe!!!!  Gonna be a big boy!!!
Height- 47 3/4 inches - 82nd%
Weight- 59 Pounds- 73%
Happy Birthday to my sweet, sensitive, loving, active, protective big brother, and wonderful son!
We love you Owen!!!

No comments: