Friday, July 19, 2013

VBS Week

This week was the week our church was having their Vacation Bible School.  A lot of our summer was planned around being in town for this.  We've miss St. Joe's  and the community there since being out for the summer!  VBS was a nice way to see a lot of familiar faces we are really going to miss in a few short weeks when we move!!!
The kids did SO many fun activities and crafts!  They always came home wearing different masks or hats, singing songs, and a bag full of arts and crafts and other goodies.  I know they had a BLAST.... despite not wanting to go at first.... I knew they'd be hooked after the first full day!!!
It was a bit hard on Ethan and I.... rarely... if ever.... are we left alone just the two of us!  We sort of travel in a pack right now... so having half of our pack gone was weird.  Ethan often cried at drop off.... wanting to stay with them.  To fix that, we started staying for the morning assembly where a short skit was put on about the lessons of the day and a couple of songs were sung!
We all LOVED the music of the summer!  We had a cd playing in our car and Ethan quickly caught on to the words and motions of the songs that we would all sing and dance to in the car.
It was a special treat for me to get to watch the bi kids interact with their group and watch them do all of the motions to the songs!  I'm a sucker for this kind of thing!  So while I stayed in the morning.... and ended up coming early in the afternoons to watch the afternoon assembly.... I was staying for my own personal selfish reasons of getting to watch the kids....
But I soon realized it was a special treat for Ethan too!!!!  He LOVED dancing and singing to the music with the big kids!!!  This boy can break it down!!!
This week was also a special treat for us because my dear friend Angela offered to let us stay at her house for the week while her family was on vacation!  It was nice to have our OWN space for the week!! Spreading out!  Having room to play!  A room to myself!  A bit of sleeping through the night!  Agh... just what I needed to recharge to be able to push through these next couple of weeks of tight living quarters and sharing a room!
Addyson was always up front singing and dancing!!!  I love her love for music!
Addyson had the best camp leader!  She was just as into the music and dancing as Addyson was!  They were meant to be together this week!!
The kids had an awesome time at VBS!!!  It will be earlier next year but I'm hoping we can play our vacation back home around it so we can join in on the fun and see some familiar faces we will miss this year!

No comments: