Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cool"er" Everning

It is NO secret that it has been HOT here!  Not just hot but hot and HUMID!!!  It is so yucky that we spend a lot of time inside.  I just can't get the energy to take the kids outside... which isn't like me/us, we spend a lot of time outside.  Here, we have become couch potatoes watching Cailou more times that I'd like to admit.  Well, things are about to chance!  The humidity is about to break... for good.  And tonight was our first taste of the beautiful weather everyone talks about!!! I've head a lot about it but was about to not believe any of it!  Tonight, I became a believe of all of the good that is about to come our way!
And the kids got a taste of it too... and they LOVE it!!!  Ahhhh, the freedom to run outside and enjoy it!!!  Life is good!!!  And it couldn't have come at a better time.  After spending the past month hiding out inside and sweating our tails off if we dare go outside for longer than 30 seconds, we were starting to go a bit stir crazy!!!  We are all getting crabby and getting on eachother's nerves!  Yes, our home here is 2,500 sq feet so we have space to spread out... but that is only good for so long.  We need to get outside in the "fresh" air with open space to run!  Take tonight for example, the kids were just picking on each other and I was at my wits end ... so I say (in my not so sweet tone) "Kids, put your swim suits on!  We are getting OUT of here!"  And once we were outside.....
everything changed!!!!
Kids were smiling and happy (don't you just love Ethan's new "Cheese" face)
And mommy was smiling and happy!!!  And let me say- it is still HOT.... but 95 with no humidity feels like a cool fall evening compared to the 115 with 70% humidity we have been dealing with!!! 
Bring on the cool"er" temperatures and beautiful evenings outside!!!  I'm ready for it!!!! 

No comments: