Monday, September 23, 2013

It's a Shark, It's a Sting Ray, It's a......

Along our area of beach there are know bull sharks and sting rays that swim out past the buoys and I have been really hoping to see some!  We can't wait to get our stuff in so we can take our kayak out and go exploring!  This morning while we were swimming, I saw something big in the water moving and I got excited.  I started to get close to it to figure out what it was and I told Brad I thought it was a sting ray so I ran out to get my camera!
 Brad starts taking pictures and draws the attention of the lifeguards on the beach.  It is their job to keep us safe so they needed to know which creature was swimming among us.  The brave life guard dove down to check it out..... it's a shark.... no, it's a sting ray.....
NO, its just a towel!  
Oh geez!!!  What a laugh we got out of that one!!!!  Gotta love litter and the entertainment it provides!  Folks, I promise I know what a sting ray looks like... in my defense let me say that it was covered with sand on the top so it looked gray and it was really windy today so the waves where making the uncovered parts "flap" like a sting ray would showing the white on the bottom of its body... which is why I thought it was a sting ray... and my anxious mind hopeful to see one probably played tricks on me!!!  Next time I'll be sure to check things out before drawing the attention of a crowd!!! ; )

1 comment:

Julie Keller said...

So funny! I love Brad's expression in the background! I can just hear him laughing :)