And another... who let this girl have my iPad?!?! : )
I was unsure about my decision to get kittens SO early in our move... but looking at this picture confirms my decision!!! : )
Addyson has talked Ethan into helping her with her chore!
Someone is so big... doesn't need mommy to help him with his cereal any more! At least he still wants me to walk him to school!
Some of us are sad it is Owen's first day of school : (
Smoothies before school!! A perfect start for the first day!!
"Mac and Cheese" I made with cauliflower
- 3 small heads cauliflower
- 5 cups vegetable broth ( try to use just enough broth that none of it gets wasted since the nutrients from the cauliflower will cook out into the broth)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup whole milk
- tablespoon (or 2) of a cheese sauce
- Chop the cauliflower. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil over medium high heat and add cauliflower. Cook until cauliflower is soft, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Transfer cauliflower to a blender with about 2 cups of the broth. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Add the sauteed garlic, salt, and black pepper and puree until very smooth, about 5 minutes. Once the mixture is moving, stream the olive oil into the blender. Add more broth if the mixture is too thick to move through the blender. You want it to turn through the blender easily. When puree is very smooth, transfer back to the butter/garlic skillet.
- Add the milk and cheese sauce and cook over low heat. Combine noodles and sauce in a large pot or skillet and serve immediately.