Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Feeding Pigeons

Our last adventure for our first full day in Istanbul was feeding the pigeons outside of the Spice Bazaar.  I saw this lady and 2 other people in stands like these selling bird seed for 1tl (so 50 cents).  If you are curious as I was what the stand says (when I looked at it at first glance I thought it said, "Faith Believers" so I assumed this was a religious thing.)  Fatih is a municipality in Istanbul that encompasses the Spice Bazaar which is why that was on the stand.  I think the city owns these and people come sell bird seed to earn money for themselves.
I called Owen over to see what I had found, gave him some money, and had him call his siblings over to have a bit of fun!!!
The guy standing beside them has a bag full of seeds he was spreading out for the birds.
Good animal fun in Turkey! : )

No comments: