Thursday, December 18, 2014

"Faux" Christmas Eve


Due to upcoming travels our holidays have been pushed up by a few days so today is our "faux" Christmas Eve.  And much like I would have done in the States, I ran out to grab a few forgotten items.  I did most of my shopping in the States this summer but somehow forgot Brad.  Oops!!  Lucky for me, Brad had a business trip in Bahrain today so my friend Heather and I tagged along for the ride!  Bahrain is MUCH easier place to do Christmas shopping.  Brad dropped us off at the mall at 9 am.  We were able to grab breakfast, a coffee, and then hit the shops!!!
A shopping trip, especially a shopping trip in Bahrain would NOT be complete without a yummy lunch and cold beer!  This wasn't anything like shopping at Target at home and grabbing a burger at Grub's but, it was a close second!
Our Christmas Eve tradition is to have family and friends over for appetizers and fondue.  I love that we are able to carry on this tradition for the second year in a row here in the Land of the Sand (minus our family).
 Cheers to friends who become family when you live this crazy life we do!!
 Nammie was able to send a package for our other Christmas Eve tradition.  The opening of one gift!

 Matching jammies to wear to bed!!
 Nammie also sent another fun gift for the evening!
 A Tommy the Elf game!!!  Perfect to play with friends!
 Ahhh, Sissy!  We have matching jammies!!

 We had one last thing to do after our friends left, put out milk and cookies for Santa and feed his reindeer!   Owen did NOT want to come outside to help feed and I couldn't figure out why.  And then it dawned on me.... he was afraid he would see Santa so he stayed inside where it was safe!  Turns out we DID see Santa and the little kids came inside crying.  Oops!  At least that encouraged them to stay in bed and go to sleep!!: )
My little Christmas Angels!!  All "wrapped up" and ready for bed!!!  The big kids ended up sleeping together so they could "protect" each other from maybe seeing Santa!!
Santa was busy that night getting our home ready for a wonderful morning!!!!  Good Night!

No comments: